It is important to connect as many people as possible, but the costs must be considered. People often say that 95% coverage can be achieved at a reasonable cost, but when it comes to the other 5%, it takes a mix of technologies, such as fixed wireless access. For the other 2%, it may take a satellite connection. So you have to have flexibility.
On May 14th, 2020. See this statement in context.