Human Resources Committee on May 13th, 2008
Evidence of meeting #30 for Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities in the 39th Parliament, 2nd Session. (The original version is on Parliament’s site, as are the minutes.) The winning word was countries.
A recording is available from Parliament.
On the agenda
- Balkar Bajwa Principal, Old Age Benefits Forum of Canada
- Balwinder Singh Chahal Secretary, Old Age Benefits Forum - Vancouver
- Raymond Micah Principal, Raymond Micah & Associates, As an Individual
- Samuel Olarewaju Secretary, Immigrant Seniors Advocacy Network
- Kifleyesus Woldemichael Member, Immigrant Seniors Advocacy Network
The Vice-Chair Michael Savage
Thank you very much, Mr. Woldemichael.
We're slowly being taken over by the transport committee, and while I'm sure I can handle the chair, I'm not sure the rest of you can handle the other members.
I do have a couple of announcements.
Minister Solberg has agreed to meet with us on May 27 for an hour to talk about our EI study. On Thursday we recommence at 9 o'clock to go clause-by-clause.
Madam Beaumier, I really want to thank you. I know sometimes it's frustrating to come to Ottawa to present your case and then have the time constraints as they are, but these rooms are tightly scheduled. We do appreciate your passion and your conviction on this issue. We thank you for being with us today.
Members, we'll see you at 9 o'clock on Thursday morning.
The meeting is adjourned.