Certainly, Mr. Fontaine.
I think you've already provided a good overview.
AgriRecovery helps chicken farmers when they have to depopulate poultry houses. So far, we've been lucky in that we haven't needed to euthanize any chickens, thanks to the efforts of farmers and producers. Nevertheless, the risk remains. Should a major processor shut down because of COVID-19, preventing chickens from being slaughtered, they would have to be euthanized.
AgriRecovery covers only the cost of euthanizing flocks, which is a huge cost. It's a federal-provincial program under which the federal government covers 60% of the costs and the province assumes the remaining 40%. As Mr. Fontaine mentioned, the cost of the chicken—because we are talking about a chicken that would be ready for market—is not covered. It would mean huge losses for farmers if flocks had to be euthanized.