Clauses 2 and 3 propose changes to the preamble and interpretation provisions of CEPA, and these changes are borne out in substantive clauses later in part 1 of the bill. I would suggest standing clauses 2 and 3 until the committee has decided on the substance of part 1. If we decide stuff in clauses 2 and 3, it may be undoing things we do later on.
Is there agreement to do so? I think everybody has thought about this a little bit beforehand.
(Clauses 2 and 3 allowed to stand)
(On clause 4)