Mr. Speaker, we are very definitely interested in helping Canadians solve their problems. The difference between the Bloc Quebecois and the Reform Party is, after having worked with the hon. member in the Department of Finance, that when it comes to cuts it does not want to touch or look at social program spending whatsoever. That is a sacred trust to the Bloc Quebecois. It does not want to reduce one dollar of spending in that area. That represents 67 per cent of its overall budget. If it does not address its complete budget and only makes cuts out of the remainder of the 33 per cent, it is limited to how much it can cut. Social spending has to be addressed as the Liberal government has proposed in its grey book. It is important to discuss and it is important to do something about it.
The difference is that we are prepared to look at social program review and recommend some cuts but the Bloc is not. When it comes to taxation we say no increases in taxes. It says there is room for tax increases, go after the family trust, go after the RRSPs, go after all those wealthy people in our society and that will solve the problem. Those are the differences.