Mr. Speaker, the Prime Minister claims to have a plan for climate change, but his plan is just a tax in disguise and his government's own numbers prove it.
Environment and Climate Change Canada admits that the carbon tax will have no discernible impact on achieving the Paris targets without increasing it six- to 15-fold, which the Liberals refuse to admit.
We know that the Liberals' plan is not about reducing greenhouse gas emissions. It is about increasing Canadians' tax burden. The biggest polluters will pay only 8% of the bill, thanks to the exemptions being given by their Liberal friends, while families and SMEs will have to foot the other 92% of the bill.
The middle and working classes will have to pay more to go to work, heat their home, and put food on the table.
However, there is an alternative. Over the coming weeks, the Conservatives will present a real plan for the environment that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions on our planet without making Canadians pay more.
We know that the Prime Minister has a plan for taxes and not for the environment.